What is Risedle?
To begin, we should make clear the distinctions between the different areas of "Risedle", some of which may confuse new users.
- Risedle Labs: The company which developed the Risedle Leveraged Token protocol, along with the web interface.
- Risedle Leveraged Token Protocol: A suite of persistent, non-upgradable smart contracts that together create a leveraged token market, a protocol that facilitates peer-to-peer leveraged token creation and redemption on EVM compatible or equivalence blockchain.
- Risedle Community: The Risedle community is an ecosystem of users, developers, designers and educators that drives the success of the Risedle.
- Risedle Interface: A web interface that allows for easy interaction with the Risedle protocol. The interface is only one of many ways one may interact with the Risedle protocol.
- Risedle Governance: A governance system for governing the Risedle Protocol, enabled by the gRLT token.
Risedle Leveraged Token Protocol is the first product of Risedle Labs. The following is a brief overview of the Risedle Leveraged Token Protocol.
The Risedle Leveraged Token protocol is a peer-to-peer system designed for leveraging any cryptocurrency assets (ERC-20 Tokens) on the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) compatible or equivalence blockchain.
There are two components of Risedle Leveraged Tokens protocol:
- 1.Risedle Vault: The isolated lending & borrowing protocol specially designed for Leveraged Tokens.
- 2.Risedle Leveraged Tokens: ERC-20 token that represent leveraged position of underlying asset.
The protocol is implemented as a set of persistent, non-upgradable smart contracts; designed to prioritize censorship resistance, security, self-custody, and to function without any trusted intermediaries who may selectively restrict access.
There are currently only one version of the Risedle Leveraged Token protocol. Risedle Protocol V1 are open source and licensed under GPL. Once deployed, will function in perpetuity, with 100% uptime, provided the continued existence of the EVM compatible or equivalence blockchain.
User can earn interest by supplying USDC to the Risedle USDC Vault. User can get leveraged exposure by minting and holding leveraged tokens.
Risedle Leveraged Token protocol is the first protocol that create lending and borrowing specially designed for Leveraged Tokens.
These are the benefits of designing lending & borrowing protocol for leveraged tokens:
- 1.Risk Isolation: Anyone can create leveraged tokens market pair (vault as the supply & leveraged tokens as the demand) without worrying to add more risk to existing leveraged tokens market pair.
- 2.No Liquidation: Risedle Leveraged Protocol does not have liquidation bot, it have rebalancing bot instead. The user who borrow asset from the vault by minting the leveraged tokens will never get liquidated.
- 3.Hands-free Borrowing Experience: There is no such thing as health ratio, loan to value, or other complex stuff. The user just need hold the leveraged tokens to get leverage exposure.
Risedle Leveraged Tokens is the first leveraged tokens that doesn’t charge management fees.
Currently the smallest management fee for leveraged tokens is around 1.95% which is still very large for certain people. Risedle Leveraged Tokens protocol designed from the ground up to work for any ERC-20 to be leveraged and allows Risedle to completely remove the management fees.
Risedle’s solution to provide sufficient liquidity to the Risedle leverage market protocol in a healthy and scalable way. We will provide more info about this once the system is mature.
Last modified 1yr ago